It's not that I don't think of you
It's that I don't know how not to
Crimson would pale in comparison
To the shade of my face if you knew
Just how often your name comes to mind
How every breath reminds me of your smile
How every bone in my body aches
To hold you close
How I crumple into a ball every night
Because my heart will leap out of my chest
If I don't clench on to it tightly
How I wrap my arms around me
Holding my pieces together
Because you're not here to hold me
How I'm afraid that if I breathe deeply
My body will shatter into a million little pieces
Because I can't stay whole and miss you at the same time
Not when you've taken vital pieces of me with you
So I hold my breath, quietly sighing into my pillow
Taking small gulps of air
To keep from passing out before the sun comes up
Because when it does I'll have to go back
To pretending I don't miss you
Almost as ridiculous
As pretending I don't need to breathe
No comments:
Post a Comment