Monday, February 2, 2015

In My Eyes

Share it Please
You ask me to smile
Telling me the world is in my eyes
But my world seems to halt
Always coming to a stop right at you

No shred of dignity
No trace of shame
I've bared my soul
All I know now is your name

I know we fit together
You know you feel it too
Difference is I've said the words
While you still think about your move

You keep yourself guarded
Hiding behind walls ten feet high
I'll scratch away at them
I'll break them down, I'll try

You can't trust me you say
You've been broken one time too many
But this is a risk you'll have to take
Because this time's different than any

It's in your hesitation
How much I mean to you
The words you're afraid to say
Let them go or it will be adieu

Because my heart is breaking
I struggle, I take deep sighs
You ask me to keep smiling
But the tears have washed away 
The world that was in my eyes

No comments:

About The Author

Writer. Singer. Dreamer. A Hopeless Romantic Stuck in a Cynical World.