Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fight for Me

Share it Please
Fight for me
Because I'm about to give up
I've held on too long
The ropes of our relationship
Now cutting through skin
Reaching muscle and bone

Fight for me
Because I've never 
Worn a mask
But I'm tired of trying
To rip off yours

Fight for me
Because I want you
In my life and I've said this
More than I should
Leaving behind my pride
Stripping away my dignity

Fight for me
Because I make you smile
And I promise I always will
Even if that means
Giving up my own

Fight for me
Because nothing else matters
Your worries fade away
Your troubles don't linger
Not when I'm with you

Fight for me
Because you know you should
Because regrets are 
Bigger than fears
Because we're right
Right now
Because there is no perfect time
Other than now and here

Fight for me
Because you know
Deep in your heart
I'll always fight for you

No comments:

About The Author

Writer. Singer. Dreamer. A Hopeless Romantic Stuck in a Cynical World.